Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Banana Curry Salsa

I made this on a whim during a family get-together. My brother has become really interested in the whole organic foods, all natural food scene. We were gathered all around the kitchen talking, laughing, and eating (almost) all natural tortilla chips, and we had run out of salsa...  So, I came up with a refreshing whimsical salsa idea! I know it sounds a tad funky, but it is really yummy, it will definitely become a classic in my recipe book. :)


Banana Curry Salsa

Makes about 2 cups
2 ripe bananas
3 tbsp curry powder TT*
1 tbsp + 1 tsp ground cinnamon TT*
 
 * TT - To Taste

How to
1. Take a fork or a potato masher in a medium sized bowl, and mash up your two (peeled) bananas
2. Add in your curry powder and cinnamon. It really depends on your flavor preference. I like to be able to taste the cinnamon in the background, but have the curry powder be the more dominant spicy flavor.
3. Stir everything together, and viola! Dip your chips in it or eat it by the spoonful!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment