Saturday, April 28, 2012

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies You will EVER MEET ... and eat

aka Jim Lahey's Chocolate Chip cookies.

Hello my loves! Does it seem like I've forgotten about my blog? Because it feels like it... Sorry!! But I'm back with lovely recipes and great stories, prepare yourselves!  Read, Bake, and Enjoy!

I am aware that I do in fact, say this about ever single chocolate chip cookie recipe I ever make. But guys, GUYS! THIS IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE I have yet to come across.

These lovely, lovely cookies become flat when baking, but when you bite into them, they're full of flavor, and chewy and yum. Oh my yum. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. They are most likely some of the cutest cookies, you think all c.c cookies will be chunky because of the chocolate chips, but noo! They flatten out after only five minutes in the oven.

After learning about Jim Lahey's fabulous cookies, we baked not only two batches, but three batches of cookies... which were all eating within the first hours of their freshly baked cookie-lives. From my point of view, eating between five and ten of these cookies is totally ok. They are thin and have a small amount of chocolate chips (although when I baked them, I added in a couple more then called for ; ) ) therefore, completely justified. Go ahead, eat ten, no biggie my friends.


Scrumptious pictures shall be posted tonight!!

Love these as much as I do!

xx

Jim Lahey's Chocolate Chip CookiesMakes 15 - 20 cookies

Ingredients
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used unbleached white wholewheat flour)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp.
3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temp (if you don't have large eggs, take two small eggs, and use 1 and half of another...and you'll have 1 large egg)1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

Prep
Preheat oven to 425 ℉, and arrange racks into upper and lower thirds of your oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and side aside.
Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl.
Using and electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and both sugars in a larger mixer bowl about 2-3 minutes, until combined.
Add egg and vanilla; beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Add dry ingredients, and reduce the speed to low, mix until blended.
Then fold in chocolate chips.

Scooping
Spoon out heaping tablespoons of dough onto your prepared baking sheets. (I used a small ice cream scooper) Be sure the keep the scoops small, they may look like not enough, but *remember* they spread out when baking.
Bake until cookie edges are golden brown, about 6 - 8 minutes, and rotate the pans halfway through!
After you take them out of the oven, carefully transfer them to a wire cooling rack, they will be VERY fragile.

:)





Adapted from: Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment